Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Saturday 31 July 2010

Cosmos = Home

The best way for me to 'take myself home' to South Africa when I'm here in Norfolk is step out side with a cup of Rooibos tea and tend my little patch of Cosmos, I do it most mornings before starting my long commute to London, but with a cup of coffee. It gives me a minute to think of home and my family so never a day goes by without them crossing my mind. My two 'nieces' (extended family) both moved here to the United Kingdom from South Africa couple of years ago, they both visit us regularly and I always try and have a little bottle with some cut Cosmos in next to their beds to make them feel at home too.....I think it works - they visit often and its not just my Yoghurt and Lime cake that gets them here (recipe to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment