Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Curried Pickled Fish, 3 Hydrangeas and a Yacht


I went back and bought the toy yacht I spotted at Martins exhibition the other night, I'm obsessed with the Union Jack, I thinks its absolutely beautiful and cool beyond words!
This afternoon I went in search of an Bumble Bee house at our local gardening centre and came home with 3 beautiful Hydrangeas and 3 pots instead (I simply cannot resist a bargin)
This evening I will be attempting a dish my Grandmother used to make when I was a child in Zimbabwe. Traditional South African Curried Pickled Fish, the smell takes me back instantly and I can remember each detail of the lunch table where I first tried it at 25 Yeldham Road, Bulawayo. The crisp white napkins, the clink of sparkling silver cutlery against my Grans china plates. My mouths watering just talking about it. Its eaten cold, with some salad and fresh white bread with butter - my idea of a perfect lunch on a summers day.
It sounds unpleasant, but I assure you its anything but....

No comments:

Post a Comment