Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Plum Wine

I local friends father loaned me his book HOME MADE COUNTRY WINES, and I was hooked. I set about immediately making Plum and Strawberry Wine as a first experiment. I bought the fruit locally, approached the local baker about buying some fresh yeast and set in all in action. Today there is the steady bubbling of the Plum Wine in the demijohn and this morning I shall do the same with The Strawberry Wine that has been fermenting away in a bucket for the required 7 days. The only down side to making your own wines is that the process requires patience - something I lack in large quantities!
Its exciting though and I can't wait to have my first glass of home made wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment