Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

The ladies are still firing in all cylinders

I'm not sure what it is that I am doing, but after chatting to other owners of chickens in the area, I have found out my 'ladies' are still laying a great amount of eggs. While I know that the numbers should be dwindling in preparation for the lack of eggs we are meant to receive over the winter months, I am still averaging a decent 6 or 7 out of 9 chooks per day. So the sales continue unabated, Brads going to build an honesty box to sell any excess eggs from outside the house like true country folk and the ladies are due to be moved from the allotment to the back garden in time for winter, I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Just found you via Amanda. Enjoying reading your blog, especially about the ladies. We have 10 and the eggs have slowed right down now that its getting colder, we've gone from an average of 4 a day to 1 every other day! Good luck with the honesty box.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete