Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Saturday 28 May 2011

Roses are red

Or rather roses are red or yellow or pink or white or combinations of all...
The man who lived in our house before us was clearly passionate about roses, the garden is filled with them in every shape and colour, I myself have bought a load of roses since moving to Norfolk so our garden appears to be that of a crazed rose fan - like the crazy cat lady down the road when I was growing up (they were EVERYWHERE, loads of them!)
I am by no means an expert when it comes to these beautiful flowers, they survive and flower in spite of and not because of me.
But there is nothing more pleasing than a house filled with roses.... in jars, bottles or vases all picked from your own garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment