Life and times in Norfolk

Life and times in Norfolk
Life and times of a South African and his partner, 2 dogs, 9 chickens and an Afrikaans cat all happily living in a seaside cottage on the North Norfolk Coast.

Friday 10 June 2011

And The Roses Keep Coming...

Everywhere I look in our garden the roses are in bloom and I can't pick them fast enough, every possible bottle and vase has roses crammed in, each room as them in a variety of colours. Surely this is on of life's simpler pleasures? Every now and them I get the sweet smell of roses as I enter a room or pass a table hosting these  beautiful blooms and I'm instantly reminded of the sweet summers of my youth when roses seemed to REALLY have scent.
Our Jasmine is coming into bloom (my favourite summer scent by far)  - it's just outside the back door so I don't have to go far to be reminded just how wonderful summer really is and just how blessed I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment